After 5 months of pregnancy, you may notice swelling of your feet and ankles, hands and fingers, particularly at the end of the day. It is normal to have extra fluid in your tissues during pregnancy, but much of the swelling should disappear after a good night’s sleep.
Tips to prevent swelling or puffiness
– Avoid high salt foods (like potato chips)
– Keep your feet up, on a stool or couch ,whenever possible
– Avoid standing for long periods of time.
– Do not wear tight shoes or chapples.
– Lie on your side to drain fluid from your puffy tissues.
– Try sleeping with your feet slightly higher than your heart. Raise the foot of your bed by putting a thick blanket or pillows under the mattress.
– Soak your feet in the warm water.
– Make sure to check your blood pressure.