* You can start breast feeding within an hour or two after birth.
* Keep your baby always near or touching with u in bed day and night.
* Do not allow your newborn to be given a pacifier.
* Breastfeed on demand as soon as your baby shows hunger cues such as increased activities, smacking her lips, making suckling motions, shows the expressions of searching your breast. Feed for as long as your baby desires, until she detaches spontaneously from each breast.
* Alternate the breast you offer first at each feeding to ensure equal breast stimulation and milk removal.
* Older babies will tend to feed from both breasts at each feeding but young infants may be satisfied with one breast.
* Frequent nursing will improve your milk supply.
* Ask for different positions of breast feeding and perfect latching.
For more questions and details , contact dr. jolly parikh
It is not advisable to travel with sick baby. Always prefer winter season, make checked up your child with a doctor before long tour and have all necessary utility with you for baby.
Make sure in long tours with babies.
– Have boiled water container with you.
– Do not feed heavy,during journey.
– Prefer reservation and a/c vehicle.
– Never drink outside water. Use mineral water.
– Have enough clothes, caps (which close ears tightly),socks and blankets
– Take all medicines with dropper or cup with you.
The food is also very important part during travelling.
– Breastfeed babies must have breast milk instead of trying any other milk.
– Toddlers should have powder milk, and homemade food.
– Kids can have boiled milk, hot cooked food. e.g. rice, dal, bread toast with butter, dosa, sambhar, upma etc.
Don’t make them eat so much junk food. Try different liquids and have enough water.
Have hand sanitizer with you.
In our Ayurveda science, there is a special importance of massage of baby. From birth to at least 2 years of age, you should massage a baby with oil or ‘ghee’. Also the kids after two years of age should massage specially in winter.
Generally these oils are used for massge-
also, some other medicated oils are used as per child’s fitness and nature of skin.
for more details and information contact Dr. jolly parikh